Gold jewellery is timeless and classic. It never goes out of style regardless of the season. Gold is one of the most beautiful metals in the world. It can be work into different shapes making it perfect for jewellery making. If you own a gold jewellery piece, it’s about time you learn how to clean it so it would last a lifetime. Gold is a soft jewellery which is mixed with other metals. Gold itself doesn’t tarnish but when it’s mixed with other metals, the gold turns dark. This would eventually tarnish the gold alloy. The way to avoid this problem is to clean it in the proper way.
Tips in Cleaning Gold Jewellery:
- The proper way to remove tarnishes from your gold jewellery is to clean it with warm bubbly water. Use a few drops of dish washing liquid and mix it with lukewarm water. Rub your gold jewellery with a soft toothbrush. Make sure you use gentle strokes when cleaning it. Gold can be easily scratched so it pays to be gentle.
- Toothpaste and baking soda is not the best cleaning agent to use with gold jewellery. You might want to skip using this two agents because it can scratch your jewellery piece.
- Rinse off the bubbly water and dry it with cotton cloth. Don’t use tissue paper because it can scratch the surface of your gold jewellery piece.
- Air dry your gold jewellery to diminish moisture. If you let moisture settle in it would hasten the tarnishing process.
- Rub your gold jewellery piece with a polishing cloth.
- There are two other ways to clean your gold jewellery. You can use machine cleaning, which is required it your gold jewellery is really dark and tarnished. You can also go for professional polishing, which is perfect for restoring the shine to your gold jewellery piece.